Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Blog Post #7

Even though I have not known about it in the past, I think EDM310 is preparing 

me for the Project Based Learning style that is in schools these days. I believe 

my strengths are that I am very experience with the Internet. I have been using

it since I was about 8 years old. I am very good at finding information and 

navigating websites. However, I am not as up-to-date with all the newest 

technologies as I would like to be. I think before I graduate I need to educate

myself on the new technologies that are being used in schools and learn how to 

use each one very well.

In the video How to make an audio QR Code I learned how to put an audio file 

into a QR Code, which I did not know was even possible! Michelle Bennet shows 

how to make a recording and then went to QRMokney.com and generated a QR

Code. She said this can be used to have your students scan it and hear a 

specific message for that students.

In the video iPad Reading Center The class used iPads to record themselves 

while they were reading so they could play it back while they were reading

it again to see if they made any mistakes. This is a great way to teach 

children to read and I think it would be great for children with learning 

disabilities.

In the video Poplet with Ginger Tuck The class uses an app called Poplet which

allows students to put pictures to words. This app is a great way to teach

words association and teaching them to take pictures and type.

In the video AVL and Kindergarten Students The class uses the Alabama Virtual 

Library website to search for certain words they are assigned to look up.

It gives them different pictures, audio files or videos for each word and 

then they have to draw and write about it.

In the video Tammy Shirley Discovery Education Board Builder Moon 

Project she showed us how to create a project board on the Board Builder app.

I think this is a great way for students to research for projects and make

sure the children know what they have learned.

In the video Students Sharing Board Builders they showed us how you can use

The Board Builder app to have students work together on projects by sharing

what they found on the internet about a certain subject.

In the video Using iMovie and the Alabama Virtual Library in Kindergarten The 

teachers at Gulf Shores Elementary spoke about how their students use iMovie 

and the AVL. I loved their enthusiasm about teaching!

In the video We All Become Learners the teachers spoke about how with all of

these new technologies coming out, it not just teachers teaching students, but 

students teaching the teachers and the students teaching each other. 

Source: adultesljobs.com


2 comments:

  1. I like your idea about using the iPad Reading Center for students with disabilities. That was something I had not thought about.

    ReplyDelete